Friday, January 20, 2012

Daughters and Dolls

Morgan got a new doll for Christmas. 

Doesn't she just look thrilled to be posing for a picture with her new dolly?  Okay, Mommy.  But only if I have to...

All the month of December, she had been busy wrapping up her various stuffed animals in her own pajama and getting frustrated because there was so much extra fabric.  Watching all this, I was excited for her to get her new Bitty Baby doll.  How much fun would that be to dress up a 'real' baby?  Especially since I had so much fun making skirts and jumpers and shirts that would fit the doll perfectly.  I even made Morgan a matching skirt or two.  All the while envisioning my daughter happily playing with her new doll and doll clothes.

Here's the new doll and clothes.  I think I mentioned that Ryan got me a new camera and I have been busy trying to figure out all the various settings and such.  I'm finding that stationary objects are the easiest test subjects.  Things like dolls.  They sit there nice and quietly without moving at the last second.

Except, where exactly is her doll?  Stuffed in the closet.  But the new jumper makes a perfect hat and the stuffed animals love their new (slightly big) clothes!   

4 comments:

  1. How comical! Leave it up to kids to find multiple uses for all items they can get their hands on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute Jeannie! I think she just needs to play dollies with Maya and she'll get it figured out. :) In fact... can I play too? Love those outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girls have never been into playing with baby dolls. They love their AG dolls though, mostly making furniture and setting up rooms for them. Looks like Morgan has an imagination!

    ReplyDelete