Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hunters 2012

Growing up, camping was a big part of our summer.  I know there were minor issues here and there because I've heard the stories.  Stories aside, what I mainly remember were 10 endless days playing in the water and basking in the sun.  The tradition has continued (although we've cut back on the number of days) and my siblings and their families all met up at Hunters to spend a few days on the lake.  

This group of cousins made plenty of fun memories playing together.  But wait, is that an injured cousin I see?  This year, it seems like there were enough mishaps that the kids might actually remember the details.  Well, maybe not my kids, but their older cousins certainly will.  Especially Jake.  He'll remember it as the trip he sat through while nursing a broken collar bone - the result of a nasty bike wreck the first morning all of the cousins were together.  Talk about terrible timing!

He had a trusty sidekick though and these two boys kept themselves entertained as best they could.  Hope you're feeling better, Jake!

 
Bumpa brought the Zodiac to play around a bit but this was the only real ride it got before engine trouble sidelined it.  Did I mention there were a few mishaps?  This wasn't the only boat with troubles.  I do believe the men will be bringing a few more tools next year, just to be safe!

Mishaps aside, we really did have a great time and it was fun to be together.  The kids are growing up so fast and it's fun to watch them interact.

Did you know that strollers are great toys?  Logan thought so!

The fishing was successful too.  Pearson braved an early morning to go out fishing with Uncle Ryan.  He was rewarded with his first walleyes.  Ryan even snagged a crayfish which the boys thought was fascinating.

The 'tuber' (as my kids call it - and no, not a potato, Uncle Geoff!) kept the kids entertained.  The adults too!  Mom and I got a very gentle ride, gentle enough to put Maddie to sleep.  However, the boys thought we were wimps and demanded much crazier rides.

Even Logan got a tube ride on the 'tuber' (and loved it!) but I didn't get a picture of it.  I did get this one of him relaxing with Grammy. 

Of course, no trip to the beach is complete without playing in the sand.  The boys put quite the town together!

Logan was getting pretty good at saying Bumpa.  He loved pointing things out to him. 

 Lane loves his cousin Aislyn.  She sure is a sweetie! 

Uncle Geoff and Auntie Jocelyn brought their kayaks and they were a hit.  Uncle Galen gave Lane a little lesson and now Lane considers himself a pro.(:

Lane wasn't the only one who thought they were great fun!  Morgan loved going for rides as well. 

Two of Logan's favorite things:  Planes and water!  

By the last day, I think Morgan was pretty much tuckered out!  I think all of us were. 

We've recuperated some this week and are doing our level best to make the most of what remains of summer.  With a deadline this year (Lane starts Kindergarten!) it feels like summer is quickly slipping by.  The kids were singing 'Frosty the Snowman' the other day and asking about winter.  My only response was a groan.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy winter.  But I'm really enjoying the sun right now!

1 comment:

  1. Great Pictures of a great and eventful week!! It always goes so fast despite all the crazy things that happened! Jake was thrilled to make the blog =) Loved us all being together and can't wait for the next time!!
    Love, Auntie Laurie

    ReplyDelete