We enjoyed turning Thanksgiving into a week long holiday out on the farm with Grandpa Larry - we figured with a 12 hour one way trip, a few extra days might be nice! They certainly were.
The old gnarled trees in the reservoir are one of my favorite places on the farm. All the kids love it too. No need for toys when there are trees to climb and sticks to play with!
Here they are, trucking off to explore with their cousin Colter. At least until Daddy showed up with the quad!
The temperature dipped down towards the end of the week (-9 degrees with the wind chill-brrr!) and so outdoor explorations were put on hold. Lots of fun things to do inside too.
I was entertained watching these two interact with each other. There were a few toys they were a bit territorial about, but for the most part they really played well together.
Belly laughs! I sure wish I knew what goes through their minds sometimes!
Part of the reason we made it a longer trip was so Ryan could get some hunting in. Here are the boys with Ryan's pheasants. Now I'll have to figure out some recipes for pheasant. Any suggestions?!
Off to the shop to clean some birds...
The older cousins were especially kind in providing electronic entertainment.
And Grandpa was especially patient with Logan's fascination with John Deere tractors.(:











I always enjoy catching up with your family here....and so glad to think of your time together at Grandpa Larry's!
ReplyDeleteFun to see your pictures from your time together! I have been meaning to comment for days now ~ my helper seems to have a radar whenever I'm headed to do so ;) Donovan stopped by and gave us some pheasant this Fall & I froze it. When my Dad was here after Tate was born, he cooked it up! It was SO GOOD! He cubed it (1/2" to 3/4" cubes) and coated it with almond flour. Then he cooked it in a skillet in olive oil with some seasonings (I think mostly Lawry's?) I can't have wheat...thus the almond flour...but wheat flour would work too. We enjoyed it a lot. Hope this might help? :)
ReplyDelete