Saturday, February 16, 2013

Cupcakes and Cards

Valentine's Day was marked with cards and sugar around here.  I made some cupcakes to share with our playgroup and then the kids all made Valentine's cards for their Daddy's.  It was great, messy fun!

Our crafty daughter enjoys any opportunity to play with scissors, glue and stickers!

 Logan decided the only way to eat a cupcake is to devour it!

Lane came home from school with plenty of loot himself.  Seeing the envelope he made in class brought back many a memory from my own elementary school days!

After lunch today, we got Logan down for a nap and the older two off for some quiet time and then I asked Ryan if he wanted to help me finish off the last two cupcakes.  He did.  So I handed one to him and went to bite into mine when I heard, "yours has more sprinkles than mine!"  I paused a moment too long before rolling my eyes and walking away.  Ryan's laughter followed my retreating back, "the Mommy brain just about blew a fuse!"

Husbands.  They keep you honest!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Too funny! Ugh, we still have cupcakes at our house and I is wish they would disappear! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love great, messy fun! Happy Valentine's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete