Ryan's dug into a remodel project that has opened all sorts of opportunities for the kiddos. There are tools and scraps to play with, new walls to run through (at least until the dry wall went up), trips to the dump...the fun is unending! Except if you are Ryan trying to find a tool he had just set down, only to discover one of the kids playing with it. Logan likes to have a 'remodel project' of his own and is usually the culprit when tools go missing.
See? (I bet you can see that lovely linoleum we uncovered too. It's always interesting to see how many layers you can uncover in a single project!)The other night he was in his own little world, completely unaware of his father rummaging through his tools muttering about a square that seemed to have walked off. Finally, Ryan asked me if I'd seen his square. I pointed at Logan. Oh.
"Hey, Logan, I need my square."
Logan kept playing. Ryan repeated himself. Logan kept playing. In exasperation, Ryan walked over to take the square.
"I need the square, Logan."
Logan looked up at his Daddy, then turned to me,"That's not a square. That's a triangle!" Then a little more quietly, "Silly Daddy!"

hahahahaha! I've never understood that either Logan! Looks like lots of fun going on in your house right now!
ReplyDeleteLoved the kids stories you've shared recently Jeannie! Thanks!
That is funny! :) I love these little kid stories. Ryan and you will likely remember this every time you are doing something with a square...that's really a triangle! :)
ReplyDeleteHee Hee... good point, that sure looks like a triangle! Think of all the life skills these little ones are learning!!!
ReplyDelete