Thursday, February 20, 2014

Monster Trucks

A monster truck rally is an interesting occasion.  Between the events and the people who attend the events, there is much to be seen ... and heard.  If I had to describe the event in one word, I'd have to say loud.  Well, let's make that three words: very, very, LOUD.  The music was loud, the announcers loud, and the trucks...painfully loud.  Thankfully our friend Brad (who instigated this whole idea) brought along enough ear protection for all of us.  

 Lane's favorite truck - the Ironman.

Morgan and Maizie's favorite - El Toro Loco driven by a female driver and complete with a snorting nose just like you'd expect from a bull.

The group of us (although Maizie is hidden by Brad and Char was on call at the hospital so couldn't join us).  I don't think Logan's look changed the whole night.  He was mesmerized by the big trucks.  On the drive home, we heard a sleepy little voice announce, "Mommy, I'm going to be a monster truck driver when I get big."  Oh dear.

My favorite event of the night - the motorcycles and their crazy acrobatics.

The drivers made sure to put on a show, including some 'lean beef'.  (Sorry.  That horrible pun is for my Dad.)  You could cue in a few wisecracks about women drivers too, but I think I'll refrain since I happen to be one myself...


No comments:

Post a Comment