Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Date

Ryan took a day off work, we dropped Lane off at school, the younger kids off with a fellow mom and the two of us had a date on the mountain. 

It was a treat to arrive at the lake and see it without a single track.  The sun shining and bright blue skies were an added bonus.  Absolutely beautiful!  Usually we've come up on Saturdays when this place is buzzing with snowmobiles but things were very quiet mid-week.

Ryan making the first tracks.

He was encouraging me to practice 'counter-steering' which supposedly makes the snowmobile easier to turn.  He makes it look easy.  I make it look like I'm wrestling a beast without the slightest hint of a turn.

There I am, hanging off the side and going ... straight!(:  So much for me and counter-steering!  Still, it was fun to be together and play around in fresh snow.

2 comments:

  1. Zipping around in the snow is one of the best kind of dates there is; I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome!! Even your counter turning!! Jake is wondering if he can get in on some of that powder spring break?!!! Need to call you, can't wait to see you! Auntie Laurie

    ReplyDelete