Saturday, January 31, 2015

Update #105 (Give or take a few...)

I've been working on this post for a while so maybe I'll actually get it finished?  I've been 'busy' recovering from surgery (which really means, I've been a bit loopy on pain meds!).  The surgery went well - the tumor is a thing of the past!  I have been recovering slowly but surely and have been so thankful for my hubby.  His new title is 'Nurse Ryan' and he has filled his new role admirably.  I'm so glad he's mine!

Our kids have been absolute troopers.  When I arrived home from the hospital, they were all waiting with their favorite 'friend' and I found myself buried in stuffed animals the minute I sat down.  They were all so careful in setting them on my lap and so happy to comfort their Momma. And their Momma was glad to be home and see their smiling faces!

We've been super thankful too for Bumpa and Grammy.  Logan asked Grammy if she was staying here forever and she replied, "Why, do you want us to leave?"  His response was sweet, 'No!  I love you, Grammy!"  

Here are some pre-surgery photos:

Knowing that we only had one real opportunity to get out on the snowmobiles as a family this winter, we headed out the Saturday before my surgery.  The conditions weren't perfect but it was fun to escape the house for an afternoon.  Ryan and Lane climbed to the lookout while the younger kids and I hung out.  

Hanging out is my new job description.  But every day gets easier and I feel like we are well on the road to recovery.  Slowly but surely...!



1 comment:

  1. Glad you are in the recovery part! Such sweet kids. And hooray for family that is there for you, playing nurse and nanny! And gorgeous snowy pictures.

    ReplyDelete