Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Amazing Friends

Our good friends Andrea and Dana wanted to come help for one of my chemo treatments.  It worked out for them to come for Round #3.  They stayed a week, filled our freezer, cleaned our house, did our laundry, and 'Mommed' our kids (and me too).  Morgan asked them if they were going to go back home and 'Mom' their kids too.  I bet you didn't know that the word mom can also be used as a verb!  Then Logan announced that they weren't step-mom's, they were teacher-moms!  We were just happy to adopt them for the week and let them 'Mom' us all.

 They kept the kids entertained.  Here they are hosting a Bubble Blowing demonstration...

 Success!  Morgan and Logan are still practicing...

Andrea got out the shaving cream to practice spelling words.  Lane did not like the mess and Logan was thrilled he didn't have any spelling words.  He got right down to business!

Dear friends who helped keep me sane in a week that was an emotional roller coaster.  It is a special friendship that can grow even when you live hours apart and see each other once or twice a year.  Yet, when you get together you pick right back up where you left off.  I'm pretty lucky to have these two friends! And a big thanks to their husbands and boys for letting them take a week to come take care of us!

9 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks for letting us come! A week we won't forget. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sort of friend is pure gold! Glad you got some time with them and some "momming" yourself. Think of you so often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and I love them for doing it and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A big thank you from me too. I wish I could be there to help too. Thought about you guys all week and so glad they were there for you. You are a special lady, Bean. Love you lots. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the picture and so glad the ladies could be with you that emotional week.They took my heart with them for sure. Remembering you and yours before our Father each day. May He keep your heart in peace each hour. Love and Care, Jim and JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeannie, that is awesome to have these ladies help for you and the kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good friends are the best!! So glad you got some help. Sending you love and healing thoughts constantly. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like my thoughts are expressed best by Hilary! It's so awesome that they came to help you all. In the midst of a difficult week, memories were made and friendships made even stronger. I think of you multiple times a day, but haven't sat at the computer much recently....so have been a quiet commenter. Sending love and care your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is awesome, and definitely how it should be!!! Community!! Love!! Sharing one another's burdens! Galatians 6.2! John 13.34!

    ReplyDelete