Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Oh, What a Day!

Lane is now 9, and I think he had quite a day to remember!

It was a beautiful, sunny day with not much wind so Ryan took him fishing.  Not bad for a birthday catch!  A 12.5 pound laker, his biggest ever.  He managed to pull in the 'hog' or 'toad' (to borrow their fishing terms) all by himself.

I cheated this year and had the local bakery make a cake.  It turned out great and was much cheaper than I expected.  Plus, Lane was happy and that's most important, right?!

Not a single candle left flaming.  And it was shortly after 6 pm so he was now 'officially' 9!  For some reason, he was especially interested in the details surrounding his birth this year.

Bumpa and Grammy helped us celebrate and topped off his day with his very own 3D archery target.  Oh, what a day!  Happy Birthday, Bud!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Lane! Looks like a tailor made day! :-)

    ReplyDelete