Saturday, May 28, 2016

Random Moments

It has been quite a month.  A bit too full of ups and downs but we are starting to feel a little more energetic so maybe things are working?!  We will have scans in a couple of weeks to see if this new regimen is giving the cancer the what for.  We keep hoping!

In the meantime, there are little moments and visits that put smiles on our faces and keep me going.  Some of these pictures go back a ways...

The kids enjoyed having Ronnie (short for Veronica Lodge!) to play with and we were very thankful for all of Nancy's help.  We have had so many offers of help and I haven't been very good about getting photos every time but suffice it to say, we've been very thankful for everyone who has come and made life a little easier.

Getting ready to leave the hospital.  I love this man!  Words can't describe how much he means to me through this all.  He takes good care of me.

Ryan's Aunt Joanne and cousin Elaine snuck over for a quick visit.  It was lovely to have a little time with them and the kids loved all the attention.

 A warm afternoon perfect for coloring on the deck.

 The Teacher-Moms made a second appearance.  They helped us through quite a week.

Morgan had a field trip to the Imax and the Carousel.  Her teacher texted this picture to us.  Love those big grins!

Our good friends Matt and Sally came for a visit and we met them at a cabin on the lake.  The kids were ecstatic to catch 15 fish total (I think they might have caught the same fish a number of times - that didn't dampen their enthusiasm though!).

Busyness down on the dock.  Little Dorian wasn't as interested in the fish as he was the cement mixer (you can just barely see him down by Sally).

Dear friends.

My hair is gone now, the brain radiation did the trick, so we're back to the wig.  But the terrible symptoms I was having are gone too so we're hopeful that the radiation was successful.  We're in the wait and see segment of the cycle right now.  Not the easiest segment, but it is nice to have a little more energy and be a more active participant in family life.  And we're looking forward to our church convention next week so hopefully I can keep building up a little more energy for that!  One day at a time - that is our motto!

8 comments:

  1. We're so glad to be able see the things that are encouragements to you, dear cousin; they encourage us, too, as we think of you all & love you fiercely across the miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day at a time-I keep thinking about that. :) You are an inspiration to me in so many ways. I just love your spirit through this. I love you so much! Your sister-i-l, Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of you every day! So glad to see this post and will hope along with you that things will continue in a positive direction! It will be wonderful to be able to be at conv.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing you are able to keep up this blog. And like others i think of you (and your family) often. I hope you get to enjoy conv.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing you are able to keep up this blog. And like others i think of you (and your family) often. I hope you get to enjoy conv.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you have had some gladsome down time amidst all the ups and downs! Your little family is never far from my thoughts--so glad you have more energy! Fingers are crossed for you. Have a wonderful convention. We will be thinking of you all gathering in next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to see your post and the things/people that have encouraged you through the ups and downs recently. Glad to hear the terrible symptoms you were experiencing are gone....and now we hope along with you that this new regimen is working! It's so nice to think of you having convention this week - we'll be thinking of you! One day at a time - I think of that often also. You are truly an inspiration to all of us! With lots of love and care, Monique

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you are having more energy. We love you all and keep you very close in our thoughts and prayers. Your attitude and spirit are just amazing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete