Here Lane is showing off the size of some of our blueberries. They were big this year. I quit picking after 80 lbs of berries. Others have been still enjoying them though. We all may turn into smurfs if were not careful.
I never get tired of the beauty of this lake. A very calming view.
Then I look to the back of the boat and we have general chaos and who knows what they are up to. I never get tired of this view either. I love these kids very much!
And of course summer means fishing when you are near our boat. Here Logan gets a nice bass while perched up on the back of the engine. He had to really work to not fall off and still get his fish in. Great job buddy!
We have had good success with the kokanee salmon fishing this year. They are only 10"-12" fish but very tasty! Here Brad, Lane, and I got our limit of 45 one morning.
With 45 fish it can take a while to clean them. Brad is taking his turn at it and Logan is running the water hose to spray things off. I build a fillet table for the back of the boat and it has come in very handy.






I'm so glad you are keeping up with the blog, Ryan. You all are never far from my thoughts. Thankful you had good help this summer and looks like the kids had fun. Wishing you all good luck with the new school year! Love, Elaine M and family
ReplyDeleteRyan, Thanks so much for continuing this blog; I miss Jeannie but I'm so glad we can still keep up with the way your kids grow! I knew Jeannie from OSU and you knew Adrian from MSU, but he never met her and I've never met you! Anyway, please know we are praying for the Lord to be your strength, and cheering you on from our little corner here in MT! A&A Pheifer
ReplyDeleteThose are GIANT blueberries! And impressive fishing!
ReplyDeleteWow, wish I was closer for some of those yummy blueberries!!! Kort wishes he could catch some more fish!! Great post! Love, Auntie Laurie
ReplyDeleteIt was absolutely one of the highlights of our whole summer; thank you for including us!
ReplyDelete