Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Hawaii Part III - Napili Bay and Black Rock

We didn't venture to far from home base but there were a few other areas we had fun exploring.


Here is Logan at Napili Bay with his traveling Flat Stanley that he made for his class.  His Flat Stanley got to enjoy some sunshine and sand.  Each person in his class has one that they mail or take on trips and then they share pictures and stories with each other after their Flat Stanley's return.  Logan's should have some interesting stories.  I can only imagine what stories a bunch of kindergartners concoct up.


Digging in and hanging out with Flat Stanley.


Napili Bay had a good amount of turtle watching.  There was a particular area they like to come up in the shallows and eat moss off the rocks.  Here we have several turtle watchers.


I think they see one....maybe 2 or 3


Black rock was another place we visited.  Logan jumped off this rock but the real black rock is right over his head.  This place seems to get very crowded fast.  The rock is fun to jump off of and the snorkeling is not too bad.  Its best out around the point but it did not have as many fish as I remember from when Jeannie and I visited it.  This was the first beach that Jeannie and I went to when we visited here in 2006.


I remember well the grin Jeannie had as we went down on this beach and have to put in this picture for memories sake.


Ocean explorer Lane


I was really proud of this guy.  He covered a lot of distance with his snorkel gear too.


Lane's pointing out some features out on the end of Black Rock.  Really he was just stalling thinking about the jump off.


This is a picture from the lower portion where Lane jumped.  Up to the left is the higher portion.  It is just under 20 feet.  It looks a lot farther when you are looking straight down.  It provided us good entertainment for a bit anyway.


I'm really proud of these three kidos and how they did.  Josh and Andrea's kids and them did awesome together and it made for a super fun trip that we will all remember fondly.
Time for the trip home guys!

1 comment:

  1. How nice to see Jeanie in amongst you all! I know she is traveling with you all in your thoughts and hearts.
    So glad you all had a good time! Even Flat Stanley!

    ReplyDelete