Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Local Fly-In

There have been several fly-ins in our home recently and we're never sure where the next one will occur. Lane loves to line up his airplanes in various places around the house including the piano keyboard, the kick space under the kitchen cabinets, his dresser (so they can watch him take a nap) ... you get the idea. If you look closely in the picture above, one poor (purple) pilot has died of pure terror as these airplanes have a lot of crash landings! (For some reason, the skeleton is always invited to these fly-ins.)

So a few days ago, we went shopping for a birthday gift for Morgan, she turns 1 here in a couple weeks, and we somehow managed to get the gift home without the kids suspecting too much. I figured under our bed would be a safe place to hide it. I figured wrong. Under the bed was the location of today's fly-in ... Morgan is still unaware of her gift but Lane is delirious with excitement! I'll be hiding it again - up high where these planes can't line up in the next fly-in - and hope Lane has forgotten about it by the end of nap time ...

1 comment:

  1. Ha! HA! Love it! This post was hilarious! I can't wait to show Randy! Thanks for the laugh tonight!

    ReplyDelete