Monday, September 19, 2011

Celebrating

Last week we celebrated my birthday.  Ryan had asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I responded, "a night away!"  A stay-at-home mom's vacation.  Here's the lovely part - he did it!  He called some friends who have a cabin on the lake, called some more friends to take the kids (who bravely agreed to watch all three) and wished me a Happy Birthday!  Here's the really lovely part:  we enjoyed an unhurried meal in a restaurant, practiced our conversational skills again, relaxed in silence, and lounged around the next morning.  Things that parents of three pre-school aged children rarely get to do.  It was perfect!  Just what this stay-at-home mom needed.  

When we met Don, Darlene and the kiddos the next day for a bike ride, we were met with excited little voices doing their best to be heard above the others and it made me smile.  The kids had obviously had a good time too!

Here we are, riding the Long Bridge the next day. 

Ryan and the great equalizer ... sort of.  Even with Lane and Logan in the trailer, I still have to work to keep up!

Our great friends Don and Darlene.  Thank you SO much for taking the kids!

3 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy Birthday!! love, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. it does sound pretty perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy late birthday Jeannie! I read this earlier and it made me smile! Glad you enjoyed your night away :)

    ReplyDelete