Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Shirt Dress

Morgan is really getting into dressing all her dolls and stuffed animals and she'll even wrap them up in her own pajamas.  So recently I did a search for doll clothes patterns and ran across a very fun website Dana-Made-It.  It was full of all sorts of fun ideas and tutorials for making all sorts of great things from kids clothes to crafts to food.  Not only did I find a couple posts on clothes for Bitty Babies, I found some very fun, fairly quick projects for little girls.  So I drug out my mom's old sewing machine and, using the shirt-dress tutorial, transformed an old shirt of mine into a little dress for Morgan. 

Since Morgan is always buzzing around (sitting still is still a struggle), I gave up trying to get a posed shot.  Here's her new dress in the only way I could convince her to allow me to take a 'posed' picture ...

running!  That's my girl!

 Of course, Lane had to get in on the fun too.

All the while, Ryan was wondering why on earth I was getting them all wound up before meeting.  Oh the things mothers do to get pictures!

Does she like the dress?  I think so.  Does she like posing for pictures while running?  That grin says it all!  Did she settle down in time for meeting?  Let's just say she sat quietly, sitting still is still a work in progress.(:

2 comments:

  1. How sweet! I love the dress! Good for you for getting the sewing machine out... YAY! I think that has been such a fun part of having a daughter-not that I do enough sewing for her....
    Thanks for the inspiration. Oh, and I remember very similar situations with getting pictures of the kids before meeting! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I'll have to check out that site. Hope you're having a great winter!

    ReplyDelete