Monday, January 23, 2012

Like Mother, Like Daughter

I was sighing to Ryan about Morgan completely ignoring her new doll the other day and he just chuckled.  "I didn't think you were into dolls when you were little.  Weren't you a tomboy?"

Hmmmm....guess he's right.  Although I do remember my Cabbage Patch doll and playing house with it with my brother.  Of course, the only way I could convince Geoff to play with me was to agree to help him  turn the ping-pong table into a multi-room fort.  Somehow it always took much longer to build the fort than it did to play house. 

When we were home to my parents' place this last time, I asked mom if I could borrow my photo album from when I was a kid.  I've never really seen much resemblance between my kids and I, but I do remember a sequence of photos in a rocking chair that was given to me by my aunt.  Last fall I took some pictures of Morgan in that same rocker and I was curious to finally compare them.
     
Morgan at 3 years and myself at 2 1/2 years.  Family resemblance?  Maybe.  


Ryan took one look at this picture of me and said, "Oh, looks like you couldn't sit still either!  That's where she gets it."  Family resemblance?  Getting stronger.

Family resemblance?  Yep.  Definitely my daughter!

5 comments:

  1. Love these pictures! Is this rocking chair just like the one we have at our house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is too funny Jeannie!!!!!! Thanks for sending me to bed tonight with a laugh! Adorable and YES, definitely your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Linda - I remember thinking your little rocking chair was just like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny!! The last picture comparisons made me laugh!! Yes...I think you two are alike!! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAH HAH HAH!!!! Thanks for the grins!

    ReplyDelete