Thursday, February 9, 2012

One Crazy Morning

It is a little disconcerting waking up to the sound of running water.  I've never been much of a morning person and since the kids have come along, they have become my alarm clock.  Instead of incessant beeping, I'm usually woken up by spirited voices, crashing toys, silly giggling, and, on the off morning, "Mommy, it's light out.  GET UP!"  Running water was a new one.  It got me going pretty quick too. 

What I found was enough to make me want to go back to bed.  My daughter was in the process of trying to clean up all the Aquafor she had spread all over her face, hands and sink...with limited success.  So I cleaned her up, sent her packing and got to work on the sink.  Before anything else could go wrong, I rounded up the troops for breakfast. 

Now there is a very lovely thing about kids getting bigger.  They can dress themselves!  It's liberating really.  So off the big kids went to go potty and get dressed while Logan played and I got the kitchen cleaned up.  Pretty soon I heard, "No Logan.  NOOOO!  MOMMMYYYY!"  With some trepidation, I headed down the hallway to find my youngest busy playing in the toilet.  With the bath toys.  In yellow water.  Yuck.  Logan got a good cleaning and the bathroom got cleaned up.  Again.

With all the kids clean and clothed, I set about getting myself ready for the day.  Lately Lane has been finding the act of falling really funny.  It gets him giggling.  While I was busy putting in my contacts, I heard Lane fall in the hallway.  Since he was giggling, I didn't take much notice.  The problem occurred when baby brother copied what his big brother found so funny.  Except he fell on Lane's head.  Giggling was replaced with crying.  Being the very sympathetic mom that I am, I told Lane he'd be fine and began putting my second contact in.  Only to turn around and see my eldest holding his bloody nose. 

I got Lane cleaned up, gave him an extra hug and looked at the clock.

9:30 AM

Then I started giving myself a peptalk.  "Can't get much worse.  But if it does, only 12 more hours until I can crawl back into bed..."

Oh, I love motherhood!


3 comments:

  1. Keep up the pep-talking! Some days that, and humor, are the only ways to get through it! I did get a laugh out of your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post made me laugh!! After I read it, I thought of you printing your blog into a book every year, and how years from now, how glad you'll be these stories are written down and printed! They'll be good for laughs again then and fun memories to remember! Even though at the time they require a pep-talk to get through! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always funny in hindsight.... :)

    ReplyDelete