Are you ready for some more snowmobile pictures? Oh well if you aren't...they're coming at ya anyway! Just thought I'd forewarn you.(:
Ryan found a second snowmobile on Craig's List last month and so last weekend the two of us headed up into the mountains to try them out. It was cold. It was snowing. Views were non-existent. We had fun but were glad the kids were being entertained at home.
Yesterday was a different story. We woke up to beautiful clear blue skies, with balmy temperatures in the 30's. A perfect day to take the whole bunch up the mountain.
Ryan's been mulling over how to tow kids behind the snowmobile and decided to adapt the Burley bike trailer into a towable sled. It worked. It's a bit squished with the kids bundled up but it must not have been too bad...
since this is what we found when we stopped for lunch.
The cool thing about being in the mountains is that there is no shortage of sledding hills.
You just want to be sure someone is waiting to catch you. Otherwise it's a long hike back up.
Daddy's turn to go sledding!
Now it's Mommy's turn. I've not had a whole lot of experience with snowmobiles. Some of our family friends had snowmobiles growing up so I remember riding a few times. But the two times I remember best resulted in riders either falling off or bailing off the sled after telling me to hit the throttle. (In my defense, I was probably 10 or 12 at the time.) Thankfully I've improved a bit since then.(:
Our ultimate destination - the Roman Nose lakes. We watched a guy ride his snowmobile up through that saddle. It's crazy what some of those guys do!
What a beautiful playground!
I could use a little more sleep Daddy - it's hard work playing in the snow!
Taking one last look at the Roman Nose.
And finally, looking out towards the valley we live in.
We asked the kids about their favorite part of the day. Lane's reply was "sledding and playing in the snow." Morgan thought for a minute and then blurted, "hot choc-let and apple sly-der, Mommy!" I think they definitely hit on the highlights!














What fun pictures! Beautiful scenery and what fabulous "family" memories! Thanks for sharing your fun day! Daren & I both were commenting about how much snow there is there -- it is bare ground here -- so unusual and completely opposite from last year! :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like snow much fun!!! HAHAHA =) Really, looks like a great time. I am jealous!! Can't wait to see you =)
ReplyDeleteLove, Auntie Laurie
these snow pictures are gorgeous!
ReplyDelete