Saturday, August 23, 2014

Adventures

This week is done.  All the scans, poking, prodding and associated bruises and new scars were necessary and worth it.  And they all point to the fact that we caught this cancer early, before it had a chance to move into the lymph nodes.  Cue BIG sigh of relief.  Now we can focus on starting treatment next Wednesday and getting rid of this uninvited guest!

While we've been making the rounds, the kiddos have been having a huge adventure at Bumpa and Grammy's.  They might want to relive this week even if I'd rather not.(=  Grammy texted a few pictures to assure us the kids were well taken care of.  Translation - spoiled like crazy!

Case in point:


2 hours in and already digging in!(:


Looks like the pool was highly entertaining!

They couldn't decide who should get the beds so they all camped out on the floor with Logan in between.(=



Looks like they're ready to settle in for the night!

Thanks Dad and Mom for all your help this week and for taking good care of the kids.  They're wondering when they can go back!

---------------------------

And I'll leave you with a little chuckle...I saw this on the wall in one of the offices:

"They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...
in that case, I should be able to bench press a Buick!"

Alas, I'm still stuck with my 'rubber' muscles! Ha!

Have a lovely weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jeannie! I have been thinking of you constantly and checking in often to see if you had updated. A BIG sigh of relief that you caught the cancer in the early stages!!! When I read your last post about you having cancer, one of my first thoughts was of your post in June mentioning the newly retired (paparazzi) grandparents. Immediately, I felt glad to think of them being retired and no doubt being right beside you and your kiddos through this experience. It's obvious how much your kiddos enjoyed themselves :) Loved your post and as always...appreciating your sense of humor through it all! :) hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your news this morning made our day! May you stay encouraged and keep that amazing sense of humor! Love the pictures of the kids. Kudos to Bumpa and Grammy!!! :) Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome!!!!! And your hubby is a pretty good guy too! Love that the news is as positive as it can be and so is your sweet disposition!! Love you all! Auntie Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you this week! So thankful it was found early. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete