The last few weeks have been an emotional roller coaster. Some of you likely have not heard that I have been diagnosed with breast cancer. So we've had a whirlwind of doctor's appointments and tests to try to get everything figured out and a treatment plan in place. In the meantime, we have spent an evening or two 'distracting' ourselves at the lake.
The lake is a pretty good distraction, but it's the kids who help the most...
We're going to have to save this picture for her senior year!(=
Fishing helps too! I love these four...
Our new motto: "Walk softly and carry a big stick." The better to whack fish (and cancer) with!




I am so sorry to hear that. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteHave you heard if Essiac? It is a combination of four herbs and you can buy the herbs and make tea, or buy in powder or capsule form and take with water. several of the friends have taken Essiac even during chemotherapy treatments, and it has really helped them.
You have a beautiful family! Isn't it comforting to know we can leave ALL things in Jesus hands because He knows our needs, and in His love, He never gives us too much too bear
Jeannie, we are so, so sorry to hear this. You know how we love you & that we're praying. If there's anything at all we can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask.
ReplyDeleteJeannie, Ryan and little ones...
ReplyDeleteWe are so, so sorry to hear your news. You mean a lot to a lot of people & have many "cheerleaders" beside you. We are thankful most of all that God is close as you go through this experience. You are very near our hearts, thoughts and prayers. Sending love, care and hugs your way.
Thanks to each of you for your kind thoughts! We have felt the comfort of our Father very near and are so grateful we need not face this alone!
ReplyDeleteLove you Bean and these adorable pictures and your sweet family and well you get the idea, love you all!! Auntie Laurie
ReplyDeleteThinking of you all SO much. Looks like you have a pretty great family to stand by you! Glad you know the power that can carry you through this. Lots of love, care, and prayers from Northern New York and all us Cottens!
ReplyDeleteWhat!? Noooo! Bean, I'm so sorry you have to go through this fight again. I'm glad you are feeling the nearness of God and I know you have a big group of supporters and prayers on your side. My little family will be praying big prayers for you and your sweet family. Prayers for peace and strength and wisdom for all the doctors taking care of you! Love you friend!
ReplyDeleteEmily
Hey Jeannie ~ no, I had not heard, and I am so sorry to hear bad news! I will be praying for you, for sure!! ~Anna
ReplyDelete