Last week we got the bad news that my cancer is back. Certainly not what we expected or what we wanted to hear but what we need to face once again. I am so thankful that I can leave my worry for the future in the hands of the One who knows the future. He will guide and keep.
Sunday I decided that I wanted a family picture taken while I still have my own hair. It's not my favorite length but it is mine. It's a little sooner than I usually put my family through the ordeal fun times but there is no time like the present! Our sister worker Allyson was with us so we didn't have the kids wondering about the weird blinking button that signals the self-timer is ready to go off. We thought that might help...
And then the fun began. Here are a few of my favorites...
Oh Logan. You are a ham.
Umm...Logan? You're the only one who thinks this is two thumbs up!
One turned out! We'll take it. It's actually a pretty good representation of each of the kids personalities.
And one with just the three of them. These are three precious reasons to dive back into the craziness of treatment!






I think more than one turned out. Love the one with Logan's hand on his chin. So Logan. We love you and glad for the One who holds our hand through thick and thin, Sorry it has to be the thick again. Mom
ReplyDeleteWhile we wish we could fix this somehow, we are thankful, too, that He knows and the plans the way, and that you can rest in His hands. We love you so!
ReplyDeleteJeannie, Iove watching your post and seeing those beautiful kids grow like weeds! Reminds me of all our grandkids and trying to get group shots. We will keep you in our continual prayers and may God's love surround you with peace!
ReplyDeleteOh , sorry, forgot to add who sent this! Emily's mom, Lynn
ReplyDeleteYou are one brave lady
ReplyDeleteWe were sorry about the bad news of your cancer is back....our hearts hurt and wish it wasn't so. Like Hilary...we wish we could "fix" this somehow, though we know we can't. We are thankful that the One who knows the future is so near to you all as you face treatments again. I keep thinking of the hymn "things in life we can not alter, I will leave in Jesus hands." The pictures are great!! Logan's photo adventures made me laugh :) Sending lots of love and care your way!
ReplyDeleteoops...I have a typo there...meant bad news that your cancer is back...
ReplyDeleteOur hearts are heavy with the bad news, but I look at these wonderful pictures and I feel like I can see the love surrounding all of you and holding you all together. Oh my friend, you are in our prayers and thoughts every day.
ReplyDeleteAw man, sorry to hear it, Bean! Your kids are so cute! I hope they help keep your spirits up. I just remember how darling your hair looked as it grew back in last time and I hope it will be the same for you this time! Sending you positive thoughts and optimism and love. And you win the prize as the only one of my blog links that actually keeps their blog updated!!
ReplyDeleteAw man, sorry to hear it, Bean! Your kids are so cute! I hope they help keep your spirits up. I just remember how darling your hair looked as it grew back in last time and I hope it will be the same for you this time! Sending you positive thoughts and optimism and love. And you win the prize as the only one of my blog links that actually keeps their blog updated!!
ReplyDelete