Friday, June 10, 2016

We Made It!

We were SO glad that we made it up for all of our church convention.  2 weeks before it started it was one big question mark but we did it.  It helped that I had to skip a chemo right before due to low blood counts.  Then I was advised to avoid large crowds.   Hmmm...I promise to use lots of hand sanitizer and hang out at the camper!

My cell phone doesn't take the greatest pictures but this one has a story!  We've been on a massive weight gain campaign (I lost close to 40 pounds by the time I got out of the hospital - I'm happy to report that at my doctor's appointment today, I'd gained 15 back.  Big ol' pat on the back for me!).  So this dear friend, Dee, decided we needed to run through a drive thru in town to get a milkshake for me.  Calories, you see.  I told her my flavor (huckleberry, is there any other kind?!) and I'd have the same size she chose.  Well you can see from the size of my lid that it was a bladder buster x-large gargantuan milkshake that I'm sure held at least a 1/2 gallon of ice cream (and no, I did not manage to eat half of it!).  Oh, and Dee's size?  A small.  Of course.

Char grabbed this picture of Morgan and Melita checking out the fish.  They could not be coaxed into looking at the camera, With big fish to look at?  Are you surprised?

Alison took these last two pictures.  Love these sweet cousins who were so happy to see each other.

Randy and Alison got up early and made the trip over for Sunday.  That was such a happy surprise. Ryan hadn't really said anything until, 'oh, by the way...!'  It was special to have a little time together to chat and just be with each other.  And the kids were over the moon excited!

Convention is always wonderful but it just felt extra special this year and especially encouraging.  So thankful for all the reminders of our very capable Father who holds the future in His hands with the very best planned for those who trust and obey.

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy you got to convention! Sounds like it was just what the doctor ordered. ;-) (Hope the hand sanitizer stood you in good stead.) Glad you are gaining a little weight back!! And I envy you a huckleberry shake--they don't even know what huckleberries are out here!

    Love and hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good to hear that you got to all of BF convention. Several mentioned it while visiting with them at PF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was good to hear that you got to all of BF convention. Several mentioned it while visiting with them at PF.

    ReplyDelete