Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Back to School

Time does fly by.   I think the start of school each year is the reality check once kids hit that age.  This year all three are in school.   I looked back through some old posts that Jeannie did on the first day of school and it is amazing to see how they grow.  I had an archery hunt planned that coincided with the first week of school this year.  I guess when we planned the hunt this spring we didn't really look at the timing that closely.  Grandpa and grandma came to the rescue though and navigated the kids through their first week of school.  Grandma got a picture of each one before heading off for their first day.
They all look pretty excited to be going off to school.  It has been going well for them.   They have really good teachers which helps a lot.  Logan started kindergarten, Morgan moved into 2nd grade,  and Lane is now in 4th. 
After school activities have ranged from painting rocks to playing with Legos for Morgan and Logan.
Lane on the otherhand has been sharpening his skills on learning to fly fish.  Here he has a few plastic fish scattered in our dry creek bed and is practicing casting to them.   You would think he gets enough fishing in but apparently not!

1 comment:

  1. How nice Grandma and Grandpa were able to step in! Love to see their smiling faces!

    Lane is dedicated! :-)

    ReplyDelete