Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Fun

Ever since we froze camping at convention this last spring, I've been occasionally perusing Craig's List for campers/trailers. Anything that may have a heater in it. Or could adapt to having a heater in it. Anything warmer than a tent. I'm not picky, just desirous of warmth. So, when a pick-up camper came up in my old hometown, we headed home to Bumpa and Grammy's to check it out.

Here it is, complete with a working heater. Yay for us!

We couldn't have asked for better weather. Lane found this airplane in the toy closet and Daddy used quite a few toothpicks to hold it together. They had fun flying it together. We all enjoyed be outside a bit after all the rain we've had lately.

The trick or treaters. It was convenient that Halloween fell on the same weekend we headed home. Mom and I took the kids to a few houses of old friends in town so it was fun to see some folks I hadn't seen in a while. The first house we went to, Lane was mute. We tried to get him say 'Trick or treat' and then 'Thank you' but all he did was give the man a hug! It was pretty sweet and the man and his wife (old friends of mom and dad's) thought it was great. Lane started getting things figured out and by the time he rang Bumpa's doorbell at the end of the evening, he was shouting 'trick or treat'.(:
The end of a fun weekend.

3 comments:

  1. What a great find. Hope you enjoy being "warm" now Jeannie!!! :)

    So glad you got to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa Lane and Morgan. These are special times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeannie! What a treat to find you four here in blog land - I love being able to keep up with family this way :)

    Could Jan Michael & I add your link to ours?
    http://iamhilary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you can Hilary! So glad you found us.

    ReplyDelete