Sunday, April 10, 2011

Just Curious

Today marks the 2nd anniversary of this here blog.  Astounding.  I know.  Especially since I was so hesitant to get started in the first place. 

One of the best things about blogging, in my humble opinion, is that they make programs that allow me to 'slurp' my blog straight into an album.  Play around with things a bit, edit most of the obvious errors (how is it that errors still slip through?!!!) and order them.  I can then feel somewhat appeased that even though the last scrapbook I completed is from 2004, I am now up to date.  (Well, sort of.  We'll just ignore '05 through '08.)  While these albums aren't full of fun scrappy things with all sorts of artistic flair, they do hold pictures with captions.  It sure beats the boxes of pictures (without captions) that are piled up in my storage closet and files full of digital photos on our computer that are all awaiting a date with my creative self (which seems to have vacated the premises...).

Another great thing about blogging is checking out other people's blogs.  I love seeing what our family and friends are up to, especially since many of you we don't get to see on a very regular basis.  I have also enjoyed 'meeting' new people and getting a glimpse of life in different corners of our world.  All this has made me curious.  As of today, Mountain Memories has had 11,189 visitors.  So who are you?   Leave us a note in the comment section.  We'd love to know who you are and how you found us!

Have a lovely week!

16 comments:

  1. I'm one of your visitors. Fun to keep up with old friends! I found your blog on Sandra's blog. - Sara Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I really enjoy your blog and your humor! I found your blog on Alison's blog. We live in the same field as Grandpa Larry - fun to see pictures of his time with you as well! - Monique Henke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love keeping up with you guys! Met you in OR, or rather, got to know you in OR! Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We check up on you often - I check whenever I see that you've updated. And the kids love to check on their own whenever they have a chance... and scroll through the old pages too to keep acquainted with their cousins. I love this idea of your post because I often wonder who is viewing our blog too! Fun idea... looking forward to seeing more comments from your blogger buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got to checking your blog from Dana's blog....fun to see Lane all grown up. I remember when Dana took care of him.
    Alicia, Todd, Justin, Clayton, and Twins :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, the worlds worst commenter here but, we do check in OFTEN! I just gave up on leaving comments with one hand lol! So fun to keep caught us and SO excited to see you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love checking in too. We love watching your family grow, your photos, your creative writing. Thanks for taking the time to share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi from Aunt Linda and Uncle Roger. We love to keep up with your family here. Sometimes I'm surprised when people tell me they keep up with us on our blog...That is they tell me when they happen to see me, not by commenting on our blog, but that's O.K. I love keeping in touch any way I can with family and friends. Keep up your good blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi from Amy in Kansas. You all don't seem quite so far away when I get to see pictures and updates. I always love your cute stories about your family. You truly have a gift with words. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I didn't find your blog until more recently, but I too love your happy posts! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your comments! I'm glad you enjoy our blog as we've enjoyed sharing. Like you Aunt Linda, I've been suprised when people tell me they follow and I hadn't realized it. So it's fun to see some new 'commenters' from this post!(:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Jeannie for your great posts. It is special for me to have up to date photos and happenings of my kids and grand kids from each of my children. Life would be pretty lonely without it. Thanks to each one of you. Love from Dad and grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love seeing what my old high school buddy is up too now. Hard to believe we both have 3 kids. :) You'll have to tell me how to make the blog a scrapbook. I want to check into that since scrap booking is not at all on my agenda these days.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jeannie,

    I LOVE reading about you and the kids! It is so fun to see them grow and change since we don't get to see you in person. We do miss you and I'm so bad about letting you know that. I adore all the cute pictures and the cute things the kids do that you write about. We don't have a blog since our life would put anyone to sleep. But our days are good. Heading for the beach tomorrow...Jim is promising the rain is going to stop!!! We shall see. Keep up the good work Jeannie, hi to Ryan and the kids! Love, Jim and JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am Heidi from Switzerland. On the 10th April you wondered who is looking at your blog. Well I regularly read blogs of friends in America since our son Adrian is married to an American girl and they live in Boise since 2008. When I feel homesick to them two I read blogs which lets me feel and understand the life of friends over in America. I often read your blog and I think that I know you and your kids quite well. I would like to blog too but as I am not so keen in English (it’s Markus my husband who writes this lines) I have not started one. I found your blog through “our two tootlepops”. We met them in Boise in 2008 and 2010. Perhaps we will meet one day when we are on a visit in America. Here is my mail address: hmrobu@synton.ch

    ReplyDelete