Back when we were dating, we would often meet at my sisters place. On one such weekend, we introduced Ryan to clam digging. As you can imagine, he found it to be highly entertaining. We joined Lance and Laurie for several digs when we were first married but it's been a few years since we'd last gone. It was fun to get in on a dig this last weekend.
Let me qualify that.
Ryan had great fun digging, the kids had a ball playing in the sand, and I decided that I still find clam digging to be cold and wet. Please don't get me wrong. We will likely go again. I will likely get my tag, again. And since they don't do summer digs, I will still wait until the very last possible moment to start digging. And I will still find it to be cold and wet. There's just no way around that. But for some weird reason, it is still fun.
See Mommy? This is how it's done!
Headed out to dig with Auntie Laurie.
Lance and Jake after a big one. The closer you get to the water, the bigger the clams are. It also means that you are more likely to get wet. If you're not wearing hip waders, that water comes rushing in and fills your boots. It's cold. Trust me on this one.
The girls were very excited to see Lance's clams and Lane was very proud of his Daddy's contribution.
My girl in pink. She wasn't so sure about the clams but she loved playing in her new mud boots!
Everywhere you look, there are people digging clams. That's quite a few pounds of clams coming off the beach. We came home with 10 pounds of clam meat ourselves, so now our freezer is stocked. Clam chowder anyone?!








Looks like a fantastic week-end with family & friends!! Interesting to see clam digging -- I've never seen that before :) The museum looked very interesting as well!!
ReplyDeleteFor some reason I haven't been able to leave comments from my account for a while. Now I can!? Love keeping up with all your adventures. The clamming looked fun and yes clam chowder sounds really good now!!
ReplyDeleteWhen is the clam chowder on?????
ReplyDeleteAnytime Della! Next time you come, we'll make up a batch.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments Elaine and Mo!