The kids are fixated on this business of growing up or "gettin' BIG' in Morgan speak. It's funny how children are so excited, eager really, to hit the next stage/age/milestone. It is exciting to watch the process, but there is a part of me that wishes it would slow down just a tad.
A couple recent exchanges that had me chuckling:
Morgan: "Mommy, I'm half three - almost FOUR!"
Mommy: "Don't you mean three and a half?"
Morgan: "No, half three!" As she emphatically draws a line with one hand across the middle of her other hand. "When I'm 4, I'll be able to play with Lane's Legos!"
We'll see dearie!
---
On a recent trip to the 'big city' to run errands, Lane was chatting up a storm and asking all sorts of questions. Like:
"Mommy why are the restaurants (in the mall) called 'Riverfront Cafes'?"
"Well, because they built the mall next to the river."
"Why did they build it next to the river?"
"Someone thought it was a good place to build it."
"Where is the river?"
"Across the street."
"Why is the river across the street?"
"Because that's where it flows through the valley."
"Why does it flow through the valley?"
In complete exasperation, "Because God put it there."
"Oh."
A pause.
"Mommy?"
"Yes, Lane?"
Big sigh. "I ask lots of questions, don't I?"
"That's okay, Lane."
"But I just don't KNOW everything. Maybe when I'm 5 I'll know everything."
He's 5 and still doesn't know everything and Mommy's 33 and still learning an important lesson in patience!
No comments:
Post a Comment