Last fall, I turned a window that Ryan salvaged out of our old garage into a mirror. It didn't turn out quite like I was hoping - the glass was etched pretty badly - but I suppose that adds to the 'antique' charm. It's been hanging in our dining room unadorned for several months now. Since it wasn't quite the mirror I'd thought it'd be, it needed something but I wasn't sure what.
Then a friend posted a picture of a wreath she'd made from Pinterest. Out of curiosity, I started looking at various wreaths on Pinterest and came away amazed at all the craft ideas and tutorials. Here is the wreath I tried:
A grapevine wreath with felt flowers.
A closer look at the flowers.
I think I still want to add a shelf made out of old barn wood beneath the window but at least it feels a little more finished now!


Lovely! Pinterest strikes again! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's Beeeewwwtiful! I need to get to know Pinterest...
ReplyDeleteGreat Job Jeannie! LOVE IT! Yay for Pinterest!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the wreath and how it looks with the window! It's fabulous! I am enjoying Pinterest more & more!
ReplyDelete