Lane is officially a Kindergartner!
He was so excited his first morning - I've never seen him get ready so fast!(: His siblings weren't near as excited. School means early mornings for them too!
I know someday I'll look back on this picture and think how little he looks, but from today's perspective, he looks so BIG!
On Tuesday, we walked with him to his classroom and when it was time to say good-bye, he hardly took time to wave. There was a little girl sobbing in her mother's arms and I was glad that he seemed ready to go. When I arrived to pick him up, it was a whole 'nother story! He wasn't with the wave of Kindergartners coming out of the school. Somehow, during the transition from lunch to recess to lining up to go home, he got lost. Thankfully, he found his way to the office. When we found him, he was in tears and scared. He got an award the next day for being a good problem solver and that helped. I noticed today though that the nerves are buzzing around in that little tummy of his. Lots of new things to learn and lots of kids too, especially out on the playground.
It melted my heart last night when he chose Llama Llama Misses Mama (a story about a little llama who misses his mama on his first day of school) and looked up at me and told me, "this is how I feel when I'm at school, Mom!" I miss the kiddo too! This transition isn't going to be without some ups and downs. But we will make it through (that's what I keep telling myself, anyway). I think we'll all be glad for the weekend to regroup and be ready to go again on Monday.



Awww so cute love the lunchbox ;-)
ReplyDeleteKyla
It's hard on mamas too isn't it! Makes me think of that song..."This phase is gonna fly by, If you can just hold on, It won’t be like this for long." They grow up so fast.
ReplyDelete