Monday, October 1, 2012

Birthday Kids

Bumpa and Grammy were here this weekend to help us mark some birthdays.  We have a Birthday Girl (yesterday) and a Birthday Boy (tomorrow) in our house and in an effort to keep their Mama somewhat sane, we celebrated both of their special days the same night. 

I had asked Morgan several times what kind of cake she wanted and she decided she wanted the M'n'M ice cream cake we always walk by in the grocery store.  It lived up to expectations.

 
Logan loves 'choo trains' ...

and was pleased with his edible version!  

 
Morgan kept us all in stitches opening up her gifts.  She kept exclaiming, "I was just begging for this!"  It was all very exciting for her, although I'm not quite sure where she came up with that particular line!  I read her her birthday card from Bumpa and Grammy and got to the end, 'Love, Bumpa and Grammy' and she replied with great gusto, "I WILL love Bumpa and Grammy!"  Then she climbed up into her Daddy's lap and told him, "I love you, Daddy!" 


Logan was not quite as animated but he got into it all just the same. 


Don and Darlene gave Logan this fun toy.  They had asked the store clerk what she thought would be best for a 2 year old boy who was half bulldog.  She showed them this.  It's perfect.  (Thanks D&D for joining us!)

Morgan and Grammy spent some time the next morning building with her new legos.  Then it was time to head off for a bike ride.

We introduced Dad and Mom to the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes.  This time, Ryan came prepared and the kiddos got to do some fishing along the way.  They were both pleased to pull in fish!


Logan was glad to be out of the trailer but not happy to be excluded from the fishing party.  Thankfully Grammy is well versed in diversionary tactics!

Sure appreciated you coming, Mom and Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Hee Hee! So many funny, cute pictures with great captions! WOW on the cakes! You must have been really busy. Sending love and hugs to each.

    ReplyDelete