Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Semi-annual Photo Shoot

Every six months or so, I've taken the kids in to get pictures taken of them (generally just to Sears Portraits - nothing extravagant).  I wouldn't say it's particularly fun, just a mother's desire to have decent, updated photos of the kiddos.  After our experience in April - well - let's just say the pictures weren't all that great and the photographer even less so.  I complained one too many times to my hubby.  Exasperated, he replied, "Why don't you just take them.  That's why you have a camera!  They couldn't get any worse could they?"  Oh.  Well.  Hmmm...  In that case. 

Six months later, I decided to follow his advice.  I started without Ryan there and the results were mixed.  In frustration I muttered something about giving me a real smile.  Morgan looked up at me and asked, "Mommy, what's a real smile?"  Sigh.

We tried again when Ryan got home from work.  Daddy's get real smiles and they also are much more relaxed about kiddos climbing in trees (in fact, they suggest it).  I was happy with the results (maybe not professional but the kids are smiling and it ended up being cheaper - yay!).  

 Lane - 5 1/2 years

  Morgan - 4 years

 Logan - 2 years (Finally - we've got pictures of Logan with a smile!)
  
No more smiles from Logan.  Back to his semi-serious, 'what are you doing?' look.  But we could reassure Morgan that hers was a real smile!

9 comments:

  1. You did good!!!Warms a grammy's heart. Miss the little ones. Mom/Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Mom! Who needs Sears?!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job, Mama! You should be proud! I think you did a great job! You captured the true smile, and really, that's amazing!

    Made me laugh!

    A happy lurker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! I love them.
    Grandpa Larry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job!!! And a real tree=much more fun than a studio! :) Great lighting & poses!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to each of you! They were fun to take and I'm glad Ryan encouraged me to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny! It worked, I refreshed the browser and up pops a dialogue box! Just want to say how cute these pictures are!!! Adorable and they are growing up way too fast =) Love ya, Auntie Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. great pictures of your precious family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They turned out so good!! Cute cute kiddos!

    ReplyDelete