The kids are generally banished from "Mommy's Garden." Plants don't generally enjoy being tromped on and Mommy doesn't generally enjoy seeing plants that have been tromped on. However, it seems that this year "Mommy's Garden" is growing mostly weeds. The deer graze the plants and leave the weeds.
Pesky deer.
I'm afraid I'm going to have to turn it into a rock garden with some deer resistant shrubs and give up on flowering plants. In the meantime, something had to be done about the weeds. It wasn't long after I started weeding that I found my shovel had been confiscated and the kiddos were peppering me with questions about which of the plants were weeds.
Logan wasn't too concerned about the weeds. He just wanted to dig in the dirt. So his 'job' was making new homes for the worms we found. The worms seemed to approve. They wiggled into their new 'homes' rather quickly.




Love this!!
ReplyDelete