Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Christmas Week

My second round of chemo fell 2 days before Christmas.  We ended up spending a low-key week at home.  The weather was absolutely amazing, with all sorts of snow falling and keeping the kids entertained!

 More snow fort building ... along with a break in the clouds!  Blue sky!

Ryan took these pictures one morning before work.  Gives you a little idea about the amount of snow.  It was beautiful!  The ladder was pretty amazing.  I think the snow got knocked off it that night as Ryan headed up on the roof to do some shoveling.  It's a good thing he enjoys winter because with a lot of snow comes a fair amount of work too!

We had a Secret Santa that helped us count down to Christmas.  For five nights leading up to Christmas, they would deliver a box of goodies (with a different theme every night), ring the doorbell and run!  It was pretty amazing to be the recipients of such kindness!  By the third night, the kids were hollering "Thank you" to the retreating back since we didn't know who it was or how to thank them.  (Well, I have a hunch anyway, we'll see if I'm right.)  One package included cookies and all toppings necessary to decorate them.  A great activity for Christmas Eve!

Christmas morning with their new crocheted animals.  I loved making them and they were pretty pleased to open them!

Playing on the new pad from Daddy.  Mommy's going to have to get better about her sense of time because somehow 'just 5 more minutes,' often stretches longer!

We hope you had a lovely Holiday Season.  We wish you all the best in 2016!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And the crocheted animals turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful snow pictures! We're envious; we don't see much in these parts :) What an enormous treat to have a Secret Santa! I wish I could thank whoever it was, too, for loving on you all so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful, snowy pictures! I am so impressed with your crocheting abilities--those animals are adorable!
    I am really, really bad about time on the iPad too. Suddenly, I look over and see someone with the iPad, who had only five minutes left half an hour ago. Whoopsie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved hearing about your Secret Santa and how they filled your week with extra fun and care. I'm so impressed with the little animals you made - they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete