Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Fall odds and ends

The weather has turned wet this fall with somewhere around 9 inches of rain and counting for the month of October.  We've gotten a little outdoor activities in but not too much.


Morgan and Maizie enjoyed some indoor activities....painting some ceramics.


Morgan hard at work on her "fish"  She spent the night with Char and Maizie and had a "girls" weekend.


Making cookies...I think more toppings went in their mouths than on the cookies...just a guess.  They seem to be discussing something important.  Most likely which topping tastes the best.


Then Brad came up and we harassed some fish.  It was a choppy wet day but still got a few fish in the boat and had a good time.


If you notice Lane is bracing himself pretty good here.  You can't really tell from this view but once you got sideways in the waves things got a little choppy.  Lane turned a bit green for a while but got his sea stomach back and managed to keep things in.


Morgan has been enjoying her Paint by Numbers she got for her birthday.


This buck showed up on my "game cam" earlier this year and I hadn't seen him much but the other morning we were getting ready for work and school and Lane started shouting "deer"... "buck"


So I fit in a quick hunt in between making lunches, packing backpacks, and herding kids.  Its nice not to have to travel far to do this.  I managed to get it cleaned and hung up and even got the kids to school before the bell rang.  Should be another tasty fruit fed deer.  They roam around the valley neighborhoods filling up on everyone's fruit trees I think.

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is, "Incredible!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that you took a successful hunting break while getting everything ready in the morning. I think you might just have become my brother's hero. Hahah!

    Looks like a good, rainy month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I thought my mornings were busy!

    ReplyDelete