Wednesday, November 16, 2016

More fall activites

Its time I catch up on a few of the last of fall activities since the season is changing. Snow is sneaking down low on the mountains and could be here any day now. 

Halloween went by with a bit of a whimper from us this year.  We closed out the month with 12 inches of rain and Halloween night was no exception. I sort of used it as a good excuse not to do any trick or treating.  We had fun carving pumpkins and doing a shopping run instead.


They are all getting more independent with the carving bit but the scooping out of the "brains" still seems to fall on my hands.


Two happy pumpkins and a bat.


Once the weather did clear I got busy with leaf duty.  I zipped around with the leaf catcher and the boys made good use of the leaf pile.  This year we kept it away from the swing set and avoided the broken bones.


Once November hit we managed to string together a bit of nice weather. The kids had a Friday off so we spent some of Friday and Saturday on the lake catching "money" fish.


Lane and Logan were pleased to bring in several "money" fish.


Seems like I ended up with the non-money fish.  We did catch several bull trout but they need to be returned.  Still it is fun bringing in these nice chunky trout.


A few of us got together one weekend to shoot a sporting clay's range.  This was my first time at one of these ranges.  It is "golf with a shotgun".  There were 17 stations and each person shot 6 times at each station.  It was a ton of fun and we all decided it is on our list of things to do again.  Here I am trying my luck at the flying targets.


Another shot of the crew with Brad shooting.  Brad did bring along a single shot 410 that Lane shot a couple times and managed to down one of the targets.


Maizie, Morgan, and Logan meanwhile were having fun at the park.  Here they are collecting acorns.....why not? 


Logan going to the top of the Eiffel tower!!


And with all the activity one must get clean.....The kids keep bugging me about getting to use the air bath and I'm always a little hesitant because of the work I have to do after the bath but I caved in and just tried to plug my ears as to what was going on in there. It started innocent enough making bubble beards but I think there was a good half inch of water outside the tub on the floor when I finally decided they had enough fun.  I think they must have been doing "cannon balls" in the bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment