Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Organizing

I'm thankful for some good examples in organizing from friends and family.  It seems like the days are done before they even start and it is hard to remember or keep track of what you should, need, and want to do and often I get the want and need mixed up.


We have had a chalk board up by our desk but it is just out of the way enough that I have found it hard to use.  When we were at our friends Josh and Andrea a while back she had a chalk board near her table that was nice and accessible.  So I went about moving ours and found some colored chalk in the drawer but I really do hate the old chalk and Morgan was watching me struggling with trying to make it work and getting more frustrated when she finally looked in bewilderment and said "why don't you just use markers"...."markers on a chalk board, Morgan you can't do that",,,,"Andrea does"....."Ohhhh"  Some quick research on Amazon and 2 days later we have "chalk markers"  Brilliant!!!  Now we have Menu, Weather, Tasks,....ect.


This is the school work zone.  Each one has a mailbox for stuff pertaining to their class and homework.  It has been good in trying to keep it all separated and in a standard location.


The refrigerator is a dumping ground for tasks that I've created for the kids.  When I need a task done I ask for a volunteer and then they take the magnetic "ticket" upon completion of the task and stick it to their whiteboards in their rooms.  At the end of the week I collect the tickets and pay them for their tasks.  This gives them a little incentive and some spending money they can do with what they wish.  The shopping part has been the only painful part of this process....."you want to buy that! with your money"


Bedrooms are another area that seems like can get out of hand really really fast.  Morgans especially.  So I did some research on beds and came up with a new plan for her room.  This is working nicely so far. Her room is on the smaller side so she didn't have much area with her bed on the floor.  This gets her bed in the air with a dresser and a desk underneath.  She has her own cork board on the back side of the dresser and a peg board with baskets and other storage goodies on the back wall. She is over the top pleased to have her own area to do her art work.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like organization to help get through demanding everyday tasks. You have always had that gift from your school days. Nice to get in on your daily happenings. Think of you all often and look forward to your coming over Thanksgiving. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. great ideas. your engineering skills are very evident. Love Morgan's bedroom and I bet she does also. Hugs to you all. Grammy Barb

    ReplyDelete