Sunday, December 4, 2016

Thanksgiving

We made the trek across the Montana high-line again this year for Thanksgiving.  It was a good trip with very pleasant weather.  We broke up the  trip by staying with Randy's family in Kalispell and then traveling with them both coming and going. It is good to think of those things that we have to be thankful for and it is easy to be with those that are thankful.


These boys had a great time hunting rabbits on the farm.  I guess they follow closely behind their fathers.  I have a feeling it won't be too many years and we will be following behind them.


This was the first days bounty.


Lane was a proud retriever.  It turns out this was the biggest pheasant I have ever shot on the farm.  It's longest tail feather measured 26.25"  Maybe the hailed crops made for healthy birds.


The "crew" looking for the next pheasant.


Along with getting my biggest bird ever I managed to go 3-3 on pheasants this day, I think that was a first.  I usually try and scare a lot of birds before I get one.  (I didn't do as good on the partridge)



Some of the others did not have to work too hard to keep themselves entertained.  They always love to explore the farm.


We especially enjoyed our time together.  There was a lot of mixed emotions for me as I loved to bring Jeannie back to where I grew up.  It's a place I have great memories and a thankfulness for what was instilled in me during my growing up years.

No comments:

Post a Comment