Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Winter Activities

We are in full winter mode now with all that comes with it and this time of year.  Morgan and Logan had their Christmas program a little before winter break and it was quite comical.


Logan is walking in right under the right basket hoop.  Morgan is buried in there some other place.  They were excited to see me there and it was really fun to see what they had been working so hard on.


Winter Wonder Land!


Digging forts


Logan and Lane really getting after it!


And as the temperature warmed it became perfect for making a snow man.  I was up shoveling the roof and looked down to see both Lane and Logan huffing and puffing behind big snow balls.  I came down to assist but they did a large part of the work.  They are really proud of their work!


Yes that is Logan skiing!  Our good friend Douglas (next to Logan with his thumbs up) asked me if I wanted to bring the kids up skiing.....really funny I thought.  He said his brother Philip would be coming in town and they could help so I recklessly took him up on it.  It wasn't all smiles and dry eyes but it did turn out well and at the end of the day they were supper excited to go again.  It is fun to see them go from "can't", "won't" to "guess what I just did"  I think they got to feel the reward of struggling through some really hard things to reap the excitement of having fun with it.


Morgan cruising!  I took Morgan in the morning and we had some serious bonding issues but she persevered and I'm really proud of her and how she stuck with it and learned a ton in her first day.  She skied all afternoon with Douglas and did great


Lane with Philip in the background to the right.  Philip was Lanes teacher.  He did great as well.


Love that smile!


Whats that......is that Santa??


Yup and Logan was in awe.  We got to get our picture with the Mr and Mrs. Clause.  Logan got some loot even.

It turned out to be a great first day skiing for them and we look forward to our next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment