Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Year End Picture

It's that time of year again where we try and put together a photo for a holiday card.  This was something Jeannie loved to do.  Last Saturday we had a little window of time between visitors and traveling to try a few shots in the back pasture.  There was a good break in the weather with some good lighting conditions for pictures.  The kids did great and we got plenty to work from.  I'm just realizing that I deleted a bunch of the goofy ones but maybe I should have added them for some entertainment value.


Many people have mentioned they feel a loss for words in knowing what to say to us and I've been thinking about that because I am still at a loss for words.  Even in the last months Jeannie and I didn't know what to say often times, but just being close brought comfort.  I'm thankful that its not words that we remember her by, rather it is her spirit and heart and how she cared for each of us.  Its hard to really express what we feel as this year comes to a close but even though Jeannie is not in the picture now, she is very much in our hearts!  As she often said "just take it a day at a time"


The 3 amigos!

3 comments:

  1. Love this Ryan as I read it with tears in my eyes. Thanks for taking it a day at a time and loving Jeannie and your kids so much. Love you all Grammy Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm smiling through my tears, I've been waiting for this picture. It is a beautiful picture and Bean would be pleased with you taking it one day at a time. Looking forward to being with you in another week or so. Lots of love from Auntie Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pictures! We love you each and can't wait to see you January. :) :) Andrea & family

    ReplyDelete