Sunday, October 22, 2017

Youth Duck Hunt

I happened to pick up a paper while waiting to be seating at a restaurant not long ago and found an article about a youth waterfowl hunt.  It was scheduled for the time that I was going to be gone archery hunting but that wasn't going to pan out this year so I thought maybe we should give this a try.  It was put on by the Idaho Fish and Game.


First step was to do some target practicing the week before the hunt.


He got some good coaching and managed to break a lot of clay's


The morning of the main event.  Their were 10 guides and 20 kids along with parents.  They've done this before and had it all well laid out even at 5:00 in the morning.


Heading out through the darkness.  It was something to behold as 10 light up duck boats roared up the river in the pitch black night.


Here's our duck  hunter...and some dead ducks next to him.  Looks like he's having some success.  I think the blue waders helped him out


The setup.


picking up decoys


Lane and his new friend with their ducks.  Lane managed to get six, his friend got three, which was a great job for their first duck hunt.  I think they brought in the most or second to it for all the groups.  Of course now he wants to duck hunt on the weekends but it seems like we have so many things that are clawing for our time now that this might be the only duck hunt this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment