This big brother is quite insistent that "When I get older ..." life is going to be way more fun and entertaining. Some snippets of conversations in our home recently:
Mommy: "One cookie is enough, Lane"
Lane: "When I get older, I am going to eat the whole package!"
And have a really big tummy ache!
While driving in the car:
L: "Daddy, go faster! Catch the _______ (fire truck, log truck, boat trailer, etc)."
D: "I'm already going fast Lane."
L: Sigh. "When I get older, I'm going to go REALLY fast."
On his future occupation:
"Mommy, when I get older, I'm going to be a pilot and take you for a plane ride." or "Daddy, when I get older, I'm going to drive the train and take you for a ride."
Ummmm...can Mommy trade?
"When I get older, I'm going to be REALLY big!"
And in your momma's eyes, you already are really big and you're going to get even bigger soon enough, sweetie, soon enough!

Aw...what a sweet post. Sounds like it could be made into a book! They have some ideas! Mallory informed us the other night through tears she didn't want to ever grow up, just wanted to stay a little girl forever. Sounds like Lane needs to have a talk with her and tell her all she has to look forward to. Your kids are so darling!
ReplyDeleteLove this post about Lane. Can't wait to share it with the rest of the family! ;) Oh, you made me laugh Jeannie when you said "Ummmm.... can Mommy trade! LOL!LOL!
ReplyDeleteRandy had to work late last night and it was our evening we chose to do our pumpkin carving. I thought OH BOY! how am I going to help 3 kids do their pumpkins. I was amazed, they did most of all of it themselves with only a little help from me here and there. I guess they do "get bigger" awfully fast! ;)
What a cute post! Jeannie, you have such a gift of remembering and telling your kid's stories. I can't wait to hear what they will say/do next!! love to you 5
ReplyDeleteamy busse