Saturday, March 30, 2013

Visits in March

March is better known as 'Mud Season' around here.  Not really winter but certainly not spring either.  It usually feels like the longest month of the year to me.  I'm ready to be done with winter and can't wait for warmer weather ... I guess it is a month long lesson in patience!

This year, March has sped right along.  It's still muddy.  Still cool.  There's still some random piles of snow (but they're almost gone!).  I'm still (working on) patiently awaiting summer spring.  But we've had loads of visitors this month and it has made all the difference!

Here are a few pictures of some special people who have kept us from going crazy during the month of March...


Our dear friends Don and Darlene who love to spoil the kids and who are adored by said kids.

Randy and Alison and their kids spent a weekend with us.  Us girls (and Logan) spent a lovely day getting 'malled' (there's nothing like a little shopping to act as therapy!) while the boys went snowmobiling (Lane, Randy and Colter in this picture):

Once again, Melita and Logan kept us entertained.  Logan was not impressed with getting his picture taken so we had to be a little sly about it and only snap when he was otherwise occupied fixing things.

Bumpa and Grammy have made it a habit to come through around Lane's birthday.  We always love having them.  And I am so sad I did not get a decent picture of Bumpa and his tickle monster laughter kit.  Actually, I should have gotten a video.  Highly entertaining!  (Note to self, next time!)

And last (but certainly not least), Grandpa Larry made a quick trip out to collect what Logan calls the  '4-leeler'.  The kids enjoyed a few last rides before it drove out of the yard in the back of Grandpa's pick-up.

There was enough time to show Grandpa all sorts of skills.  The sun made an appearance while he was here and it helped thaw Grandpa Larry out a bit since he left some snowy country back home!

I did spot some bulbs poking through the ground today and the thermometer hit 62!  I think March just might be heading out like a lamb ... and I'm okay with that!

1 comment:

  1. We love these "visits". Thanks for the fun and special time together.

    Our bulbs are poking up! Yay!

    Have a great week, Alison

    ReplyDelete